An option exists for users to get prompted when a connection to the Internet is no longer needed. This means that if you have been working in email or browsing, and you close down your email and browser (if each are open), then you are prompted to “Disconnect Now”. This avoids the chance of forgetting and using up expensive internet time. Follow the following steps to check and configure this option.
1. Go to Control Panel (Start | Settings | Control Panel).
2. Double Click on the Icon called “Internet Options” and click once on “Connections”.
3. This will present you with the following dialog box:
4. Click on the “Settings” button
5. This will present you with the following dialog box:
6. Click on the Advanced button
7. This will present you with the following dialog box
8. Place a tick here, and then choose OK on each box to close them all. After this, check you can access email, and close it. You will find that you are presented with a dialog prompting you to disconnect when closing.